Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo launches premium Kimono Stay package
Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo has launched a Premium Kimono Stay luxury room package valid until October 2017. As well as other indulgences, guests will receive a made-to-order kimono created by Chiso, a 460-year-old shop that specializes in kyoyuzen dyeing.
Inspiration for this package comes from this year’s Tokyo Kimono Week, an annual festival held in Nihonbashi district, the birthplace of traditional Edo culture. Mandarin Oriental will have its own Kimono Week from 23 October – 15 November 2016.
During this time, the hotel will host activities themed on the iconic Japanese garment, including a Kimono Cake, a special afternoon tea, an Instagram photo contest and a Kimono exhibition as well.
The Premium Kimono Stay accommodation package is priced at JPY3.8 million, and includes:
• A two-night luxurious stay in an Oriental Suite for two people
• A made-to-order kimono created by Chiso, a 460-year-old shop that specializes in kyoyuzen dyeing, and which comes with an authentic belt and accessories for one person
• Kimono consultation on first night. Dressing, styling, and photo shoot on second night
• Photo Album (to be delivered after departure)
• A facial treatment for one, with luxurious French skin-care brand, Biologique Recherche
• A manicure and pedicure treatment for one, by luxury hand and foot care specialist, Margaret Dabbs, London
• Daily breakfast at K’shiki or Oriental Lounge for two people
• One dinner at Sushi Sora for two people
• One dinner at Tapas Molecular Bar for two people
The Premium Kimono Stay accommodation package is valid from 23 October 2016 – 23 October 2017 exclusively at Mandarin Oriental Tokyo.